Sunday, June 3, 2018

Infrastructure

The past few weeks, I have been busy moving items into the Temple. The most important, besides the Cooler, are places for plants.
These benches got moved from the remains of Temple #5, which is being transformed into a new patio. The lower bench is 3-tier, and needed no restoration. It now occupies the northeast corner of the new Temple. I was able to salvage the wire from the above bench to make this:
 
Next on the agenda, was shading. The clear side panels let in 100% sunlight, far too much in this climate.
This is what the north and east walls look like with Aluminet 40% shade cloth:
Even with the addition of 40% shade cloth and the translucent roof, the house is quite bright. I am finding the cool and hot spots in the house. I plan to add additional shading to the 3 tier bench for the Phalaenopsis, which like warmth but less light.
I will initially fertilize weekly with a weak solution of Orchid fertilizer, which will be drawn up into the water hose with a Siphonex. I will have to assess the plants' nutritional needs over the next few years in such a bright house.
 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment